I am proud to announce that Savoir Faire Marketing/Communications is celebrating five years of producing our Points of Interest marketing email by launching our most ambitious and audacious promotion yet: We’re giving one lucky New England-based company a year’s worth of free marketing, valued at $75,000.
Since 2013, we have been sharing nuggets of marketing wisdom, which we call our “Points of Interest.” The most recent issue included the 500th Point of Interest. Five years and 500 nuggets; we thought that was worthy of celebration. And what better way to celebrate than to work with one lucky company to truly Make Their Marketing Matter!
To that end, new subscribers to our Points of Interest twice-monthly email will be entered to win one year of FREE marketing services, valued at $75,000.
If your company has been in business for more than three years, and you’re a New England based for-profit organization, you’re eligible to win a year’s worth of marketing services — for free. All you must do is sign up for our Points of Interest email before August 1.
Beginning today, we are accepting entries from companies that feel like they could use a marketing boost. Does this sound like your company?
- Companies that are struggling to figure out which marketing tactics will be worth a damn
- Companies that are overwhelmed by all the things they could be doing
- Companies that are frustrated by trying to figure out which tactics they should be using
- Companies that have been doing the bare minimum, just enough to get by
- Companies that have been running the same marketing playbook for years (decades?)
- Companies that have limited budget and/or limited staff to develop — forget implement — a good, strategic marketing program
- Companies that are focused on their core expertise and business and who want a partner to help them get their marketing right
Interested companies should go here to sign up for the Points of Interest email. That’s all that’s required to enter. The entry period will end on August 1, 2018.
In early August, the Savoir Faire team will narrow the entrants down to roughly five finalists. We’ll interview those finalists to learn what their marketing challenges are and what business objectives they’d like to accomplish with a year of marketing services. We’ll build each finalist a page and then kick off a 10-day voting period where people from around the country can compare the stories of the five finalists and vote for the one they think should win.
We’ll announce the winner in early September and the years’ worth of free marketing will commence on October 1, 2018.
Why are we doing this? First, because it’s ridiculous and team captain Stephanie McLaughlin is preternaturally fond of things that are ridiculous.
And, also, after working hard but quietly for more than a decade to serve our clients, we felt that it was time to introduce more business owners and empowered general managers to the Savoir Faire brand of marketing. We want to grow our network with people whose business challenges can be solved with the implementation of smart, strategic marketing programs, because that’s what we do.
The year of marketing services is valued at $75,000. The services will be deployed using the Savoir Faire approach to marketing.
At Savoir Faire, we approach complex marketing challenges using our three-step process. We start with Discovery, where we learn about the company, its business goals and competitors, along with opportunities in the marketplace. From that, we build a marketing strategy that’s implemented in the next two phases.
The first part of the strategy is applied when we Build the Machine. This is where we build (or rebuild) the digital framework of a marketing program. That could include a website, marketing automation or inbound marketing system, along with social media or email.
The second piece of the strategy is implemented when we Run the Machine. This is when an ongoing program is executed, measured and analyzed, and continuous improvements are made based on results and data.
Here’s a little more detail about the contest prize, along with some fine print our lawyer encouraged us to share. The years’ worth of services will be broken down as follows:
- Discovery – approximately 3 months, approximately 80 hours
- Deliverables: Discovery Audit, Digital Infrastructure Technical Requirements (web, social, email, etc.), Marketing Strategy/Roadmap. Technical requirements will be developed against the following benchmarks: business goals, user needs, platform, marketing, tracking, mobile, security and compliance.
- Build the Machine (website and other digital infrastructure) – approximately 3 months, approximately 100 hours
- Deliverables: Based on the Technical Requirements developed during Discovery, we will build a CMS-based WordPress website, or migration of an existing site to WordPress, using the Divvy framework and a compatible theme. The site will include at least Backup Buddy, Yoast SEO and Monster Insights. Additional features and functionality may be added based on the Technical Requirements document and approval of any third-party costs such as WordPress plugins to extend functionality.
- Advanced setup of Google Analytics account.
- Run the Machine (marketing program execution) – approximately 6 months, approximately 20 hours per month
- Deliverables: Execution of the monthly ongoing marketing program, along with measurement and analysis of progress/success. Tactics employed will be chosen collaboratively based on the Marketing Strategy produced during Discovery.
- Savoir Faire maintains the right to determine finalists at our sole discretion. Finalists will be selected based on the company’s need and how well those needs fit with our talents.
- Finalists must remain subscribed to Savoir Faire email through the duration of the contest.
- The prize includes Savoir Faire marketing services only.
- Any third-party costs are outside the scope of the prize and will be billed directly to the client. The client will be apprised of all recommended third-party costs and will have the final approval on purchase.
- No travel is included in the prize. All meetings will be convened using digital technologies.
- Meetings and services will be arranged at times mutually agreeable to Savoir Faire and the winner.
- Additional service hours may be added to the program during the year at $250/hour.
- In consideration of the free service, the winner agrees that the fact of and details of this arrangement will be the subject of public articles or publicity, providing those articles don’t disclose any confidential info.