If you include publicly-available PDFs on your site, you’ll want to optimize them for SEO just like you do your regular page and post content.
Like your posts and pages, PDF files can show up in search engine results. As such, you’ll want to make them easy to find.
There are a number of things you can do to help Google and other search engines find and list your PDF files.
- Include keywords in your file name that describe the contents
- Give your PDF a compelling document title
- Do not use image-based PDFs
- Add alt text to images in the PDFs
- Add links in your PDF to your site
For specific information on how to do each of these, refer to “5 Tips on Optimizing your PDFs for Search” from investintech.com.